- “Do you just wake up looking amazing??”
- “You look good in anything!”
- “How do you always look so put together?”
These are some of the comments I get from different ladies or friends of mine.
Please know this is not a post to brag on myself, even though it certainly sounds like it is… However, I got to thinking. Why not write a quick Beauty Blog Post and share some of the tips and tricks I use, which help me look “put together” on the daily.
Before we dive into the list, do you remember this:
Keep It Simple Stupid. Practice that in your beauty routine! It will save you time, money, and energy you may not have (especially if you have kids!)
–>Here’s a quick shot of the products I use daily. The numbers will coincide with the “Face” section below.
~Hot Shower! Ladies! I take a steaming Hot Shower Every. Single. Day. I have since…well forever! If I don’t…I am the grumpiest person you’ll ever meet! Even if it’s a short 3 minute shower or I get a full 10 minutes to myself, that Hot Water, first thing in the morning, …it makes all the difference!
- Scrunchy. Here lately since I’ve been growing my hair out and it’s still not quite long enough for daily messy buns, I do the “scrunchy” style. Right out of the shower, I put some gel in and then for about the next 5 days, No washing! (it’s fabulous!) All I do daily is spray some dry shampoo to the roots. Dampen my hair with water. Spray in Aussie Instant Freeze Hairspray. Done!
- Straight. On the days where I actually straighten my hair, I can usually go without washing it for 3 days. (Do you see the trend? How can I save time!) Day 1 = Perfect. Day 2 – Add some dry shampoo to the roots and run a straightener through it. Day 3 – Ponytail. But not just any ponytail. I actually spend a few minutes teasing the roots for a small “bump” and make sure no stray pieces are hanging loose (Ladies–it only takes a few seconds to put in some bobby pins…#justsayin).
~Face. First…Everything I use can be purchased at Walmart and I have NO SHAME in that! (I used to use Clinique and high=end brands, but once you have 3 kids that gotta eat, you cut corners anyway you can-haha!)
- I start with moisturizing my face and then apply foundation. I prefer a full coverage for the long-lasting wear-ability because my days are LONG and HARD! However…I do not have a go-to brand. Currently, I jump between Wet-N-Wild Photo Focus Foundation and a new one I discovered by simply buying something different…Hard Candy Glamoflauge Full Coverage Foundation. (I’m really loving it!) Then concealer for those dark under-eye circles and my eyelids. Yes, I said eyelids. For those that don’t know (I was in this category 6 months ago), I learned from a video tutorial that by applying concealer prior to eye shadow, it will keep your eye makeup on longer during the day!! Then I brush on some finishing powder.
- Next…eye makeup! I am not good at this, so go watch a tutorial or feel free to come teach me. But after some eye-shadow, I add liner and complete the look with my favorite mascara, Maybelline Great Lash, and yes I do in fact wear Royal Blue which is what the link will take you to!
- Lastly, I brush on some bronzer for a light glow, add blush to my cheek bones and finish the look with Setting Spray.
- Now, about 5 months ago, a couple of my girlfriends convinced me to start wearing Lipstick. I never, ever wore lipstick. Not even to business meetings. I know I know…but listen, I barely remember to take bathroom breaks at work, there was NO WAY I was going to remember to re-apply lipstick throughout the day. HOWEVER, they enlightened me to all the “outlast” and “24 hour” long-lasting lipsticks. LIFE CHANGING! (I might have bought 25 tubes within 1 week, but we’re not here to talk about that). Anyway, now I won’t leave the house without it on! But…You MUST buy the “outlast” or “color stay” or “24 hour” kinds. Apply once…Touch up at lunch…you look great all day! (Brands pictured here are both long-lasting types by Maybelline: a matte version and also superstay liquid version).
**Here’s a photo of the long-lasting wear-ability of my makeup routine…Not too Shabby, if I do say so myself!
~Lastly…Accessorize! Listen, you can wear a t-shirt and make it look dressy by adding a set of earrings (my go-to is a set of Pearls…from Walmart…nothing outrageous) and sometimes throwing a jean jacket or cardigan over top. Pair it with a set of flats (Walmart seems to always have several options for around $5) or booties and you look cute and stylish! So always, always, always add accessories of earrings, cute sweaters and shoes!
Whew! Now…you may still be wondering how I do all this and manage 3 kids. Somedays I wonder the same, but in reality, I do a couple of things.
- I get the kids completely ready first (minus shoes).
- Occupy them. Occasionally using juice/snacks. Other times I use the TV or iPads as babysitters. Lots of times I sit in the floor while I do my makeup, and the kids love this, because then they also sit and play “makeup” with me, so it gives me some added time with them.
- Be selfish. Overall ladies, you have a be slightly selfish at times. That can be hard for us as mothers, but this is simply one area I am selfish in! Sometimes that means I get up earlier then they do, so I can get completely ready first. Other times, it’s just being creative to occupy them, so I can get ready!
Hope these tips helped. If so, I might consider other posts like this in the future!
Now for a Mountain Dew (Still on the Food Aversion to Coke….Shocking I know!)